Born and brought up in Sydney, Cape Breton, my extended family is huge, between my father’s 5 brothers & one sister the Muise boys were a strong presence in the workforce at the Sydney Steel Plant. My father, Gerry was the business man of his family and was General Manager of RJ Logue Ltd the largest GM store in Atlantic Canada in those years & after owning his own Pontiac dealership in North Sydney he spent 10 years as General Manager of Island Ford ltd.
My mothers family (Barrington) was as big in number and two of her brothers ran their own businesses. Charley was co owner of Barrington & Volkey ltd. a large heating & air conditioning contractor and Bobby owned Le blanc Printing Ltd.
I moved to Halifax in 1968 when my father took over as the GM of A.E Fowles Ltd the city’s largest Ford – Mercury dealership and after two years we set up Town Toyota ltd. Later Gerry spent the last 10 years of his too short life as a Real Estate Agent with Canada Trust.
It was always assumed but never verbalized that I would go to university and join my father in the car business and it came close, I did go to Saint Mary’s but by the time I graduated Dad was in the Real Estate world. But that didn’t stop me from getting the car & business bug. Before I graduated from SMU I started Nova Bar Supplies Ltd and supplied the growing Bar & Restaurant scene for a couple of years then worked in Hubbard’s (N.S.) running a General Store owned by my father and a partner.
I’ve worked for:
- NCR as Sales Rep. for Northern Nova Scotia & Cape Breton.
- AES Data Systems as Sales Agent – Word Processors
- Parker Hannifen – Hydraulic & Pneumatic Controls as Regional Manager just as the offshore oil exploration started in this part of the world.
- I’ve been involved in several other small business in the region as part owner / consultant
- I’ve been an independent Consultant for the past 20 years.
My community involvement includes but is not limited to:
- Citizens Advisory Committee Member – Corrections Canada
- Nokiea Brier 2003 – Volunteer in ‘Lounges’
- Roar Of the Rings -2005 – Volunteer in ‘Communications’
- HRM Municipal Election 2004 – Campaign coordinator for candidate.
- NS Provincial Election – Campaigned door to door for Diane Whalen, MLA Clayton Park
- Build It Right
When you put all that together along with a personal life that included a marriage, separation & divorce with me spending 5 years as house husband and care giver to my daughter along with numerous volunteer and political duties my life has been full and for the most part satisfying.
I’ve been told that I have the ability to be open and accepting with my own opinions without being opinionated. I’m a fast learner and enjoy a good meal and a conversation with anyone. I’m also known to introduce myself as a flirt, a tease and a pain in the ass & those who know me well would tell you I all that and a fairly lovable one.
You can contact me any time at email@example.com
My Other Blog Sites
Please Read our Conditions Of Use
Find Me At
I’m a member of….
See you soon I hope
Based on a work at www.myhalifaxca.wordpress.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.myhalifaxca.wordpress.com.