Archive for category Social Media
Lady Gaga released her Born This Way album cover last night at midnight CST and the reaction has been exactly what you think it would be:
If you’re not a designer or an artist, you’ll probably either love it or hate it within 3 seconds of seeing it. If you have a designer’s instinct, you’ll hate it. If you have a designer’s perspective, you’ll love it. And I’ll tell you why:
First of all, you have to count this as a complete success. Why? Because she got what she wanted from the designer. She’s incredibly proud of this cover and she loves it. As far as designer/client relationships go, the client walked away from this project happy and fulfilled. Great, so where does that leave you? Hating what she wanted? Don’t be so quick to knock it off your radar, you have to think like an artist to get there:
There are two major design-level themes going on here: Less-Is-More and Retro-Grade-Amnesia.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Social Media category.
- How to Successfully Host an Online Webinar (With Free vs Paid Tools) August 16, 2018A webinar is a great way to engage your audience and boost your revenue. However, there are certain steps that you need to take to ensure your webinar is a success.The first thing you need to do is decide on the topic of your webinar. Then, you'll need to create an accompanying slide deck that'll help you deliver your webinar presentation. You […]Brenda Barron
- How to Cite PowerPoint Presentations in APA & MLA Formats August 16, 2018Whether you're a student or teacher, you rely on sources to do your research. You probably already know that it's important to also cite your sources. But you might not know how to cite certain types of sources, for example, PowerPoint presentations.There are more types of resources available to students than ever before and the proper way to cite […]Laura Spencer
- How to Quickly Make Edits to Infographic PowerPoint Templates August 15, 2018Infographics can add a bit of visual interest to a slide. Instead of just using bolded lists or paragraph to explain concepts use an infographic.I'm using the PowerPoint infographics tablet that's available as a part of an Envato Elements subscription. This presentation has many pre-built infographic slides that you can use to illustrate concepts. […]Andrew Childress
- 20 Best Responsive Joomla Templates to Make 2018 Websites August 14, 2018Joomla is a popular content management system that can be used to build a powerful website for your business, portfolio, membership site, and more. Joomla is more advanced than WordPress, yet not as complex as Drupal.Joomla powers websites such as Harvard and Linux and offers plenty of features such as social networking, e-commerce functionality, extensions […]Brenda Barron
- How to Quickly Make a Timeline in Keynote With Templates August 13, 2018Presentations are often built to tell a story. They might showcase how the past connects to the present or the delivery stages of a project that you're developing. Each point on a timeline represents an essential milestone in the sequence.You need visuals and charts to help you tell the story and drive a message to the audience. And it might be easier t […]Andrew Childress
- What Are Self-Limiting Beliefs? +How to Overcome Them Successfully August 11, 2018"I’m too old.""I don’t have enough experience.""Someone else has probably done this already."These are just a few examples of self-limiting beliefs that can prevent you from achieving your goals in business or in life. There are plenty more limiting beliefs out there, and you probably have a few of them—we all do. So read on to […]Andrew Blackman
- How to Successfully Host an Online Webinar (With Free vs Paid Tools) August 16, 2018